Memory Lapse Reminder
Asking For Help
As we age, we may notice some forgetfulness. Our brain ages just like the rest of our body. It may take more time to learn new things, it can be challenging to remember information, or lose things such as eye glasses and house keys.
It is not always serious, but if you are concerned about yourself or a loved one, consult your doctor. They can help determine whether it is simply age-related forgetfulness or something more serious.
Sometimes it’s not easy asking for help, mainly to those individuals who live alone. These individuals are used to being independent. Always be ready to help or support people, offer kindness and become more compassionate. You might be the first person on the scene before help arrives if someone becomes disoriented.
From Normal to Abnormal Events
A natural disaster brings disruptions to normal routines. This can cause stress and anxiety – sometimes right away, sometimes over time – especially for those with special needs. Always remember assisting people with special needs requires patience and kindness.
Prepare yourself and your loved ones for both natural and man-made disasters:
- Hazardous spills
- Acts of man-made terror
Any of these could interrupt transportation and communication grids, making it difficult for emergency personnel to reach you and your loved ones.
Hospital stays and emergencies are another source of stress and anxiety that can impact an individual’s behavior. Be prepared before, during and after medical concerns. The Memory Lapse Reminder trademark awareness design is also available to support the emotional wellness of responders, emergency managers, disaster relief, our loved ones and healthcare facilities. Within chat room circles this is a global conversation concerning all nations.
Every part of the community has a unique role in meaningfully supporting people with cognitive issues; they maybe family, friends, care partners or even strangers. The following areas hopefully will provide information, resources, and actions that specific sectors can take.
- Memory Loss Supports and Services
- Banks and Financial Services
- Neighbors and Community Members
- Independent Living
- Communities of Faith
- Care throughout the Continuum
- Emergency Planning and First Response
- Legal and Advanced Planning Services
- Transportation, Housing, and Public Spaces
“The Reminders” is our custom printed fabric, wallpaper, gift wrap and home decor products. It may help individuals with hidden disabilities to start the conversation about medical concerns. Get the support and care when you need it. Our custom printed fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap is available 365 days a year at Spoonflower.com and Roostery.com
SWATCHES ARE AVAILABLE
Not meant for decorative or novelty display, our trademark awareness design may support your loved one. Suggested uses:
- Create throw blankets, head wraps and bandanas. Use lightweight fleece material. No unraveling will occur during laundering and no sewing needed.
- Add our wallpaper design to your loved ones room at home and assisted living.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Start the conversation by using our gift wrap. It is not just for holidays, birthdays or special occasions – it is available for your communication needs.
Start the conversation with our company people design